Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

r-date restrictions for SA??

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by kransky.dan, Apr 15, 2007.

1. hey all,
    got my r-date booked for tues at oaklands prk, everything i have is crossed!!! hahahaha

Can anyone tell me what the restrictions are for someone on their R-date with a full car license please? im having a bet with a mate and want the reward before the test.

Thanks all.
  2. only restriction is having to ride a LAMS approved bike. There's nothing else that's different from having a full car license. .05 for alchohol, pillions, no speed restrictions. "Restrictions" only refers to the bike you can ride being restricted to the LAMS ones for 12 months from the date you pass your test, as far as I can tell.
  3. good luck btw :)
  4. The only restriction, if you've got a full car license, is on the type of bike you can ride. It has to be LAMS approved, that is its less than 660cc and has a power to weight ratio up to 150kw/tonne.

If you didn't have you're full car license, then you'd have the added restriction of being on your P's (i.e. 0 alcohol, can't exceed 100km/h etc) plus you'd have to wear the P plate on the back too.
  5. simple as that, awesome thanks all!!!!!