Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA R-date finishes - how long till receive new license?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Vulcan88, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Hi All,
    Can someone tell me, when I get off my r-date on the 14th Dec, how long will it take to get my new licence? Can I ride my bike (1500cc) the same day as I apply for it? Im taking the day off so Im trying to cover all bases...

2. You can apply for an R class license once your R-date 12 months is completed. Until your R class is issued to you, you are still under conditions of R-date.
  3. I know. My question is, as I want to take a day off, if my r-date expires on the 14th, can i go into service sa that day and change it over or does it take some time...
  4. It'll probably expire at midnight of the 14th.

Best best would be to call, or go in on the 15th. They will take your licence and give you a temporary paper licence which will have R on it....as soon as you get that, you're good to go
  5. For everyones info, if you go in on the date on your licence, they will give you a temporary and you are good to go that day. Awesome news! cant wait
    • Winner Winner x 1