Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Quo's new Italian steed.....

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Quo Vadas, May 29, 2011.

1. Well, picked up a 2009 Ducati 848 yesterday and parted with the gixxer also.
    Took it for a big ride and the ergonomics are very different to that of every other bike I have ridden and the power/torque...........well that is another story.
    The sound of the lumpy v-twin is to die for and the exhuast note is wet panty material. Found riding it actually quite comfortable and I dropped a tooth in the front sprocket prior to buying it which made riding the streets much more easier than the standard gearing.
    I bought a steering dampener and wacked that on before I rode and it made a hell of a difference. The brembo brakes are outstanding and pull the bike up on a dime.
    The bike really is a dream to ride and I love everything about it. Once again, the torque on this thing is insane and it is truly a remarkable peice of machinery.

The only downside to my day was that 2 cops approached me on foot whilst at a set of lights in the city and informed me that they were serving me with an EPA notice as the bike was too loud. I was coming out of a small alley and the sound was reverberating between the walls and the buildings........lovely stuff.

Got on order a carbon hugger, front fender, heat shield, slipper clutch a maybe some rearsets.

Anyway, enjoy the p0rn that follows........ :)

2. stunning - all I can say
  3. Lovely machine Quo, Enjoy. :)
  4. noice, well done
  5. I had the pleasure of going for a ride today with Damian and his new ride, probably one of the most amazing sounding bikes i have ever heard, its just awesome.

Hope to catch up again with you soon. :woot:
  6. Geez, what a beauty :)
  7. Hey James.

Was a good ride and I'm a bit knackered now.

Jump into the New members/welcome section and introduce yourself to all on Netrider cat's. It's the done thing around here :)

Take care of your best now.................:angel:

8. fair dinkum your cops sound like total wanks
  9. That is absolute sex on wheels mate, congrats!
  10. Yeah, and the funny thing is that they didn't stop the 2 guy's on Harleys about 4 car's in front of me. Their bikes sounded like a container going down a hill [-(
  11. flipping cops and flipping "epa notices" "too loud" bullshiiit.

GORGEOUS! that thing is sex on wheels! do like a lot!
  12. so what steering dampener do you have?

As per the noise, did you get the silencers with the termis?
    throw em in , or ask around i sure some one has a spae set of standards to put on get it over the pits.
  13. I'll wack the stock pipes back on and then investigate a bit more what has been done to my Termi's.

Steering dampener is a Bitubo. About 18 clicks of adjustment and I got if for a 1/3 of the price of an Ohlins :)
  14. if you go to a local track , good chance they have a sound meter, you could use. may be worth while investigating

15. shhhhhh im 1 of them :D
  16. Looks amazing man, I'd say you've made the right choice!
  17. WOW, it even makes white look good on a bike.
  18. Niiiiiice...I see you can't get away from single sided swing arms aye? I assume you prefer the 848 over the Gixxer?
  19. Im going to perv at the evo..

Nice nice bloody nice ... but it must really suck living in mexico!! ;)
  20. Ooooooooooo....... *subscribed*

More pics please!