Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

quick review Gilera Runner VXR180

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by Scumbag, Dec 7, 2005.

1. This is the loaner I have got until the service and small repair to my ST2 is complete.
    Now I know this is a scooter but at 180cc 4 stroke it is not short of get up and go. I saw 100kmh out of it with a little to go, this was with Fat Bastard Racing on board on the flat as well.
    It does not handle too bad either. A little under damped but I had a giggle up and down Mountain Hwy. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Let down by the clearance, you will hit the side or centre stand before the tyres run out of grip.
    Not a bad little jigger for a loan bike.
    (the 749S was already booked, maybe next time)

the loaner

2. Does it have gears and a clutch?

3. Nope twist and go. Front brake on right side rear brake on left. Lot like my mtb. :):)

4. It looks strangely familiar, I think it was lurking in our garage during one of Big Red's Warranty moments! I didn't have a go, but 998boy found the clearance a little bit of an issue at the first corner he got too and couldn't understand what all the scraping noises were about! He said it was quite a perky little number though and much better than the Derbi we had for a while - which he pronounced terrifying due to its lack of speed! Hope your bike comes home soon!

5. Yeah that is pretty much it. The ST2 will be back home tomorrow after the service and the replacement of a couple of bearings in the upper shock mounts, nothing serious. But not a bad little jigger. The looks I got through St Kilda meeting a mate for coffee in full leathers were interesting though. :):):)

6. Full WOT ???
    Man...you're thaaaat far off...where were your deck-shoes (no socks, of course, it IS a 180 after all) and shorts?

Mountain Hwy? Meet ya at The Basin PO at 7 for a race...Postie versus The Runna !! You've got the oomph, I've got the ground-clearance :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

7. That sounds like fun to me Pete. I should be able to accommodate that as long as the weather holds.

8. Hey Glitch, what happened, I was on Mountain Hwy for over an hour and did not see you at all. Dont tell me the Runner scared you? :):):):):)
    I know it frightened a few drivers up that way. :LOL: :LOL:

9. :oops: :oops: :oops: A real busy afternoon is a lame excuse :oops: :oops: Totally forgot about it :oops: :cry:
    Just remembered after mum was out the door.

Might have to make it ST2 versus Strom, then? :)