Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Quick question....

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Grunge, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Please help me fill in the blanks:

"When my exhaust leave black carbon stuff on the edges,........"

is it just an oil+filter change needed?
    I'm due for one next weekend @ the spanner day...

just getting a littel worried as I noticed that it leaves more of a black residue than usual.

Or should I also look at changing air filter (would that help? I'm a noob when it comes to maintenance.)

Ta everyone! :]
  2. could be just normal 'soot' from the by prouducts of combustion on these colder days

She is running a little rich which could indicate an A/F change or clean is in order ?

3. Manual or auto choke? If it's manual, you're not leaving it on longer?
    Are you doing long trips or just short ones. It's not unusual for things to soot up a bit in winter (due to extra choke), if you're not doing any good long trips. But, yeah, air filter is definitely a possibility.
  4. Hmm... How would a noob know if it's running rich? (if only there was an easy way, like, it drops money for me. ;) )

In any case, prolly have a look at it during the spanner day. I hope it's an easy 'job.'

Thanx for the advice to the noob, Bob & Titus. :)