Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Quick license question (p1 p2 full license)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by jdaren, Mar 19, 2013.

  1. Ok I'm not sure if this has already been covered and I apologise for any repeat of a previous questions.

    Ok so I'm transferring my license from vic to wa. It's been a while since I've ridden in vic, about 2011. My e lams and no pillion passenger end restrictions ended 20 08 2010' , as far as I was concerned I didn't have any of this p1 or p2 stuff.

    Do I have to display green p's now or am I on my full license? I'm confused now , I thought I was on my full licence after that date ?
  2. Ah - hello......?

    Welcome to NR.........
  3. Ohh hi there, I used to be a me,beer a couple of years ago under this username , joined the old navy and moved some states and I'm back hahah , thanks for the welcome :)
  4. If I read correctly, you have a full car licence? In which case Vic give you a full bike licence when you get off your ls, but with a year of restrictions (lams, no pillion etc). If this is the case, once the restrictions expire you will be on an unrestricted bike licence. (if the bike licence line has no l/p1/p2 next to it I imagine you're on opens).

    In saying that I did call up vicroads when my restrictions expired (i had the above deal) to confirm that I was off them, only took a minute after getting off hold to verify, just give them a ring tomorrow?
  5. Hi den, thanks for the reply, no I just have my bike licence. But I'll give them a call tomorrow .

    Thanks again
  6. Hi jdaren, I went the other way - grew up in WA and recently moved to Melbourne. In WA you need to display a P plate if you've been driving or riding for less than two years, same as Victoria. If your restrictions expired in 2010, you should be well past that period. Why did you think you'd need to show a P plate?