Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Questions for Webmasters or IT gurus.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by rourkster, Nov 20, 2007.

1. A few years ago I started dabbling with FrontPage 2000 and did myself up a family web site. I am currently maintaining the web site for my son's rugby league team and would like to jazz things up a bit. Through the new hosting service we will have access to some Content Management Systems, namely:
    • Drupal
      Mambo Open Source
      php WebSite
    Has anyone had any experience with any of these? Can you recommend one over the other? I have checked their sites out and all claim to be easy to use but some seem to have a better interface than others. Would I be better off using a blog type program like WordPress or Nucleus? I basically want to set up a News and Results based site with some forms for download and a basic image gallery. My HTML knowledge is middle of the range, and my PHP & MySQL knowledge is zilch. Any suggestions gratefully received.

2. I've used and setup a Drupal-based site or two, pretty damn easy to get going and when you do you have a fairly comprehensive featured site. Also the modular nature of it is damn useful, and the fact that they pretty much update themselves is also handy.

Haven't had any experiences with any of the others, so I cannot give you a comparison.
  3. Joomla is an updated Mambo. Mambo is no longer being developed. Joomla is quite easy to use once setup, as I believe they all are.

Look for something with good community support and you can't go wrong, as well as learning heaps.
  4. Thanks guys. I've currently playing around with Drupal. See how I go.