Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Questions about overseas riding

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Nakkas, Jan 18, 2008.

1. I'm about to embark on a trip to Bangkok and India in the next few days and am considering jumping on a bike once I get there.

I plan on renting a Harley or something different in Pattaya. I've never ridden a Harley, but what are your thoughts about jumping on one of them to pop your Thai cherry? Has anyone ridden in Pattaya and is the traffic a lot better than the tin of Sardines that is Bangkok?

In India I plan on renting a Royal Enfield Bullet 500, mainly for riding in and around Goa. I heard some talk about them being a left foot gear shift, does this apply to all of the Bullet models? What are these bikes like to ride?

I've got my international licence all sorted out and ready to go on that front.

Any tips/ideas/anecdotes would be appreciated.

2. This has been covered few times. Try doing a search in travel diaries. Its all reasonably easy in both countries, haven't done India but know people who do it every year for past few, and they are still alive :dance: Done Thailand couple of times, saul good, just be cautious and you will have a ball :grin: