Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Questions about Mongoose and Scorpio alarm systems

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Ckramer, Feb 19, 2008.

1. I am trying to achieve the following:
    - Be able to configure bike to not sound alarm when touched/pushed.
    - Be able to hear the alarm on remote controller instead

There are two systems on the market- Mongoose and Scorpio.

Mongoose is $450 installed plus $50 or so for "SMS alarm" feature. Apparently it will send you SMS message when bike is touched. No SIM card required (?)

Scorpio i500 is $500 (?) comes with two-way remote controller that supposedly will sound the alarm.

The problem is, documentation/websites for those alarm systems are very por. Does not specify how can you configure the alarm; can it be silent, only on remote etc.
    In Mongoose case there is no information at all about two-way/SMS alarm.

Can anyone who is using those alarms comment please?
  2. Sure, I've got a Scorpio, and you can actually set it up to silent so that it just 'pages' your alarm control unit.

The control unit can be set to Silent, Ring only, Vibrate only or ring and vibrate. It also lets you know how many times your bike's been violated.

Ooh.. that sounds rude... violated. :p
  3. Thanks for the info. Is control unit loud? You got the "big" control unit with antenna?
    How much did system cost with installation?