Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question - strictly for the Bayerne Motor Werke aficionado

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by incitatus, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Has anybody owned a K1? I have been offered an immaculate 1 owner red/yellow 1990 K1, with genuine 33,000k's, tools, books, and full BMW service history for $12k. I wasn't really in the market for another bike, I am really happy with my R1150R, but this seems like a pretty good deal for a fast appreciating classic. Should I go see the bank manager?....go on talk me out of it for Dogs sake!

2. That should be "Bayerische Motoren Werke Aficionado". :p
  3. Only in German :D

4. Re: Question - strictly for the Bayerne Motor Werke aficiona

Naw....that one's no good.
    Cramps your R-style and makes you go sterile on the first ride.
    Bloody things are a proven health-hazard.

Got a number for this seller? :D
  5. I've seen K1's for around $8K - but with more kilometres.

The Red/Yellow is the classic and with a full service history that's pretty good. Like any K they're not a summer bike and can put out a bit of heat..

I was talking to a K1 owner a while back who loves it although like any K series they can take some getting used to.

He also said it gets more looks and comments than anything he's ever owned (and he's owned a pretty fair collection - including a Black Shadow)

I'd say buy it and come over to the Dark Side of BMW riding (as the yanks call the K series)... After all it's a bike that makes even the most flashy Jap look staid. :LOL:

You might want to sign up on the Kbmw forum at yahoo groups and ask a few questions there. That forum is very active and can answer anything you'll ever need to know about any K.

6. Thanks TonyE, I'm on it. I can't really afford it, but it' so damn tempting.
  7. Re: Question - strictly for the Bayerne Motor Werke aficiona

You’re not going to get many opportunities for one of these. Go for it.

I would love one. Not that I have a bias towards the k or anything. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  8. I have arranged to view tomorrow lunchtime....hmmm I can feel the slippery slope under my feet already....."Well dear it was like this......"
  9. Well. I have looked at this bike and it's exactly as described. Perfect. The problem is it's way too expensive. I have found three others for sale as below.

1990 red/yellow 84,000ks service history. asking $6,400

1990 red/yellow 23,000ks service history. asking $10,000

1990 red/yellow 68,000ks service history. asking $8,500

The original one is,

1990 red/yellow 33,000ks service history. asking $15,000

Now here is the question. The one I am most interested in, is in Sydney. If I were to buy this bike is there anybody in Sydney who would be prepared to pick it up and store in for me until I can fly over and ride it back?