Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question regarding full license [NSW]

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Blaise, Sep 5, 2010.

1. I'm just wondering...

I come off restrictions and believe I meet the criteria outlined above but I'm wondering about the bit I highlighted in red. I'm assuming that means, not disqualified/suspended etc as it seems to be just a catch-all and I can't find any other reference to "other requirements".

In addition:
    As I hold a full, unrestricted drivers licence, do I need to do this test to get my unrestricted motorcycle licence? Yes, I know it says "drivers" but I'll make the assumption that this is just the RTA forgetting that people get licenses for motorbikes as well.

2. Re: Question regarding full licence [NSW]

Off the top of my head it is referring to the DQT (or whatever stupid name they pick for the riders' equivalent). Most accurate answer - give em a ring.
  3. you walk into the RTA, pay them lots of money (1 yr, 2 yrs, 3 yrs, 5 yrs - or something like that) and then take a photo and get a new licence.

no other tests are required, provided you've held the p's for the minimum required period and are not suspended or disqualified etc.
  4. Correct, I called them today and the girl said - pay $22 (replacement licence fee), get the photo licence and walk out unrestricted.
  5. What the hell is the point of keeping everyone off litre monsters for 2 years then if theres no further testing after the MOST? I could just sit on my p's for 2 years and not ride

oh man this is stupid
  6. Agreed and that happens, there's no enforcement stating you must ride X hours/kms etc.

In addition, what's the point of enforcing a minimum of 3 months on L's? I know I had at least 2 people at my MOST who rode a bike for their pre-learners and the next time they rode a bike was their MOST day. Pre-June 2009 (assuming you could line up the test days), you could sit the pre-learner, wait a couple of days, pass the MOST and jump to a full licence if you satisfied the points I quoted in my first post (although the age restriction was 30, not 25).

In my defence, I've ridden nearly 17,000 km since my MOST.