Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured Question re Sena SMH5

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Greydog, May 8, 2015.

1. Looking for some info re the dimensions of the battery that goes into a Sena SMH5. Or, more specifically, the dimensions of the space it fits into.

Just need the measurements. Don't need the battery type or anything else. There's a space inside the rear of the unit that the battery sits in, held there by double sided tape.

Probably a query best suited to someone who has already taken theirs apart, or who has a dead one. Taking it apart "may" affect its weather resistance so don't want to wreck anyone's perfectly good Sena.

The reason for my query is that I'm currently testing some batteries I imported that fit the SMH10, and I'm wondering if they'll fit the 5 too. I "think" the 5 battery is shorter (which is an issue) and wider (which isn't) than the 10, but otherwise the same.
  2. I'm also looking to see if anyone knows how to solder a new micro USB port on. Think mine is distorted bc it won't connect properly. I've tried several cords.