Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question on updated ECU with stock pipes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by ducm3, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I've got a Monster 659 with the upgraded Termi kit (pipes, ECU and filter). On the weekend I decided to swap back to the stock pipes for a week or so to compare the look and feel, but left the upgraded ECU and filter in. Is this going to do any damage? Because as I was riding over the weekend, I heard an occasional cracking sound whilst idling at the lights.

2. Not really. Keep an eye on your temp at idle Though. If it gets quite hot ie 115c+ I would shut it down. Or start splitting.
    I think the big worry is running too lean. Getting it too hot and scorching the bore and rings. I think lol.
    Pre ingintion is not the best for the rods and bottom end. So if it's pinging I wouldn't ride it like that. Or don't load it up if it is. Kind of ride around the pinging if you can.

3. Yeah you'll just be running a little richer, might foul your plugs eventually but shouldn't be too bad. She'll be right