Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

question on an insurance form

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by thecptn, May 5, 2006.

1. I am filling out the questioner for full insurance at the western QBE site, and a question states "How often do you use the bike?" now while I do use it daily, I am wondering if I should put that in, logicaly, putting down daily on the form is more likely to put you under a higer risk catergory, should I just put down a white lie and say weekly? even though there is no way to proove it, I know this is an odd question, but im straped a bit on cash, so getting a bit of discount can help.

2. If your going to lie on an insurance form its best not to post it on the internet :LOL:
    eg. how many virago250/GT650 from liverpool will send them a form today? :wink:
  3. Lol damn it... forgot to mention, this is for a quote on the price and not the actualy form for applying for the insurance cover.
  4. I'm probably being over-cautious, but all you ever hear about these days is insurers avoiding claims. All they have to do is ask around (and don't think they won't) and you're gooone.
  5. Ah its alright, I just put down daily and submited it, hopefuly ill get it cheap.
  6. Western QBE doesn't charge differently for how much you use the bike.

Except for this one. They will give you a 5% discount if you ride under 8,000 km a year.

Also 5% for belong to a recognised ridesr club (Honda's, BMW, Ducati etc)

And another 10% for named rider policy.

They do pump the excess up if you don't park in a seperate lock up garage though, and won't insure you if you park in the street.
  7. hey,
    where's the WQBE online quote form? I cant find it.
  8. The url I posted gives the netrider partner discount though?