Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question for the MRA Vic

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by smee, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Does anyone collect information for any motorcycle incident where a rider has been hurt?
    Reason I'm asking is based on this thread where a cop told the Op that "a few riders were seriously injured riding between cars recently" and I just find that hard to believe.
    Is there a way that the MRA researchers can collect this data so we can then say "well sorry mate that is not correct etc."

2. They do collect that info Smee. I've seen TonyE post up a map with all the incidents and a little info about each accident. The crash statistics that VicRoads put up usually only says whether it was metro or country, but they actually have the location of each accident somewhere.
  3. There's this one from VicPol but it's for fatalities.
    Victorian Fatalities 2010

Think Smee is looking for an injuries list which I wouldn't mind seeing myself.
  4. Specifically injuries due to splitting
  5. Great link!

What is interesting is that of the non car/truck fatalities
    16 are pedestrians
    4 are pushie riders
    28 are on motorcycles

If the current motorcycle toll is double what it was last year...

All that says to me is that the number of motorcycle deaths annually is normally less than the number of pedestrian/cyclist deaths....
    Can't wait for the next road safety campaign.. "walking kills!" ](*,)