Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question for Sydney-siders - M5 tunnel

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ricecooker, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Hi all, I am heading up to Sydney this weekend and am thinking of taking the bike... should I avoid the M5 tunnel? I have never seen any bikes in there, will I get overwhelmed by fumes?

I would appreciate any opinions on this, and if you think I should avoid the tunnel, what is the best way to get to Camperdown?

2. i used to make that commute everyday and whilst the fumes can get pretty bad in there, you'll be fine.

it only gets bad during peak hour - if you're coming on the weekend you'll probably not even notice it.
  3. Great, thanks for that Josh! :D
  4. I use the m5 tunnel twice a day during my commuting. I love it! especially around 5 am in winter, its nice and warm in there and give you a chance to thaw out :D . Ive never had a problem east bound, but sometimes i do get stuck abit westbound. The fumes arent that bad, after awhile they help you enjoy the ride in that extra funky way :D