Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question about Victorian licencing.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Scottatron, Jul 9, 2006.

1. All,

Was just checking out the Vicroads website, and came across a section under Probationary Motorbike licences:

* If you already have a full car licence, you will be issued with a full motor cycle licence

So, as I hold a full car licence, once I go for my P's and pass, I will be issued with a full motorcycle licence? Do the 250cc restrictions apply still? Tis all very confusing!

2. Restrictions apply. You just don't have to wear P's.

3. If you hold a full driver's licence you will not need to display a P plate.

You will however, be on restrictions for 12 months. 0.0BAC, 260cc or less, no pillions. :)
  4. A "full" licence complete with all the initial <260cc restrictions.

"Full" as in you do not need to display P plates nor do you need to be .00 BAC
  5. Ahhhh, see the way it is worded on that site is that I would be getting a full licence.

Pity I couldn't make it to coffee tonight, poor Emma (Daughter) was not a happy little pumpkin and I felt it a bit rich to leave my wife at home alone with her screaming.
  6. Thanks guys, even though the info contradicts each other, I'll worry about it when the time comes (I don't drink so zero BAC doesn't bother me)

7. Sorry, I was working off memory, I could be wrong about the BAC, my turn was many moons ago.
  8. When I got my licence I though .05 was fine, but was told otherwise years later. Now I'm not positive either way. :)
  9. Yep, "Full V's Probationary Licence" and "Restricted V's Not restricted" are seperate issues. Although your licence will be "Resrticted" it will only be the motorcycling specific restictions. Having a "full" rather than "probationary" licence will mean you can ditch the plate and will also mean that you don't loose extra points etc when booked for being playful. :wink:
  10. Ahhh, thanks gents, as per typical Vicroads it makes no sense :)