Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

question about vic learners permit

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by oyamum, Sep 26, 2010.

  1. hey guys im in a pickle hoping someone can give me an answer.
    basically iv lost my license for 6 months which is fine i can live with that but what iv just realized is my motorbike learners expires in december this year and i dont get my license back until jan now am i rite in thinking that you cant renew you learners basically after the 15months expires i must go for my p's? and if thats the case am i able to sit the test for my p's (seeing as its tested on private property) even though my license is suspended? please i hope someone has some answers for me

  2. i think you is wong
    i no think you ride bike or drive car if lost your licence have you.
    you wing RTA or Vic Roads ask them yes
  3. as far as i know, you need to have a currently valid learners permit to sit for your full license. They also state that at the test because you need to present your learner's permit.
  4. Unfortunately you will have to do the learners course to get your l's again and start fresh due your l's expiring in December and not getting your license back till January.
  5. Yeah, basically, you're screwed.

    You can just do the Ls test only at certain providers once your license is reinstated so that you don't have sit through the whole Ls course again.

    If you take the test while your license is suspended, you may get the temporary paper license while you're at the trainer provider (assuming you pass), but once all the paperwork is turned over to VicRoads, they'll void everything and you'll have to start over anyway.
  6. ring vicroads. maybe as your licence is suspended so is your learners permit and you get the extra 6 months?
  7. Yep, that's how it works - if you lose your licence you lose ALL licences including your learner's permit.