Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question About Tyres & Wheels {moved from general discussion to appropriate forum because I'm feelin

Discussion in 'Tyres' at netrider.net.au started by Billy Bright, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am looking at buying a small cruiser and noticed lots of different tyre & wheel sizes. Its hard to kinda explain so here goes.

What I guess I am trying to know is does tyre size effect stability, corner, handling, them sort of things ?

For example some of the cruisers I have seen in 250 flavour have skinny front tyres some even 21 inch (height) and vary between 90 and 120 in front tyre width.

So is it important to consider these width as far as thinking about the handling properties ?

Cheers in advance

2. Re: Question About Tyres & Wheels

It's a cruiser bro its not ment to handle Haha.
    The 90 should turn faster than the 120 the 120 will likely have a lower profile and should feel more stable cant y Ican really say much as I don't know a lot about the tyres.

3. Re: Question About Tyres & Wheels

Thanks One for the info. So the thinner tyres probably respond quicker ?

Now my thoughts are on the size, like height. I saw one LAMS cruiser with 21 inch front tyre and got be wondering if this was goo like more patch on the road ?

I have learnt a bit eg rake and impact on steering.