Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

question about new bike suspension

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ShimmerBabe, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I recently bought a new 2006 Yamaha FZ1 and have had the front forks lowered to their max and the rear is already lowered to its max. Instead of going out now and buying a lowering link from US for AU $150 I am wondering if anyone here knows if the bike will naturally lower a little
    over time..

2. Please change the title of your thread from all capitals. Otherwise it may just disappear. :)
    It's covered in the Terms and Conditions or forum registration.
  3. A noticeable amount? Not really no, at least not in the short term. After a years riding, maybe.
  4. Ok thanks guys :)
  5. Could you explain how it has been lowered?
  6. Only guessing but, front forks lowered via the tripple clamps and rear via the preload spring adjust ?

If it is via the above way [ as I said I'm only guessing ] the bikes geometry and handling wouldn't be that good.

If your a short arse I'd be looking at getting the seat altered 1st, before altering the suspension :)
  7. Which is why I'd like to know before giving advice.
  8. Hi guys,

yep VTRBob is correct with the front end alteration through the triple clamps and I am guessing he is also right the the rear. I can get by so maybe I will not bother especially if it is going to alter the handling too much :eek: The seat, well I would not want it any harder than what it is so will probably leave that one alone. I am 168cm tall so medium height.

Thanks for all your input so far!!

Mimmy :)