Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question about ladies gloves...

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by cameo, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Ok so I'm relatively new to riding and I've come across a bit of a quandary...

I have very small hands... I've tried on every pair of ladies gloves I can find, in the smallest sizes that the stores carry, and they're far too big.

I hear this is a common problem, but what can I do about it?

At the moment I'm using a pair of kids motorcross gloves, but I'd like something a little more sturdy - are there any other options out there for me?

2. I have a small hand and have to get XS in gloves. Have had a pair of Spidi's, Dry Riders and a couple of others that I don't remember the brand of, but did the job.

Have you tried XS or only S? Usually limited stock because it is not a popular size.

Good luck! :grin:

3. dri rider lady's dri mesh gloves come in xxs
    they're tiny

ixon lady bliss gloves come in xs too

4. I've tried XS... still way too big. Haven't seen XXS but will keep an eye out. This is quite a frustrating problem!

5. Cameo, you must have a real tiny hand :)

Ask if your local dealer can get some xxs stock in for you to try. Don't know whether there are many brands available in that size though. :?

6. Yeah I know... I just measured them.
    16.5 cm from wrist to tip of my middle finger.
    My middle finger is only 7cm long.
    My hands must have stopped growing when I was like 8 or something!

Hopefully some XXS ones will fit!

7. the uk has a lot more stock in ladies gear in general, I used to have Frank Thomas ladies gloves when I lived there and I was a medium ladies in those but a s-xs in any gloves I have bought here... current gloves are spidi and they were small sizes but I havent seen the specific ones I have since (they were an asian import I believe)...

wonder if you could get them custom made?

8. Joanne, you're becoming the Official NR Clothing Tester....

I know a male NR who has become the Imelda Marcos of boot testers.. ;)

9. being female with alpinestars & sidi boots in something other than black, gloves that fit and leathers that fit seems to be a little unusual - and I remember how difficult it was to get to that ... :wink: hoping the advice helps... :)

10. ive tried on a few differnt gloves in my short time and have found a little about them.. me personally, some dainese gloves have the 4th finger joint protection in which i find uncomfortable and can actually hurt as i have faily boney fingers. i bought myself a pair of a* sp-2's which can become quite sweaty in summer and still quite cold in winter.. also with the sp-2's they do no seem very durable with the seams coming apart slowly. i believe that you have to come to an arrangement between looks, protection and comfort. i recently bought a pair of ladies summer gloves because they have ventilation and also look cool... friends pay me out about it but i know they secretly want a pair too :D they offer minimal protection but looks better than the mens version.. if you like it, buy it..

[​IMG]

11. JS what did you pay for these?
    I was gonna but them from Ringwood PS bargain bin but they didn't have a price sticker on them. I asked the sales guy (not Johnny O) and the weiner went and banged some other gloves sticker price (another pair of Dainese) on there trying to charge me $80 for them. Maybe they cost 80 but just for his attitude I walked outta there.

When he went to put the gloves back he put the sticker back on the original gloves hoping I wouldn't notice.

12. i paid 99 for it...

13. Sorry to go off topic but this thread reminded me of a classic story.....had to share it.

Greg

"The Gift"
    A young man wanted to purchase a gift for his new sweetheart's birthday, and as they had not been dating very long, after careful consideration, he decided a pair of gloves would strike the right note: romantic, but not too personal.

Accompanied by his sweetheart's younger sister, he went to Nordstrom and bought a pair of white gloves. The sister purchased a pair of panties for herself.

During the wrapping, the clerk mixed up the items and the sister got the gloves and the sweetheart got the panties. Without checking the contents, the young man sealed the package and sent it to his sweetheart with the following note:

"I chose these because I noticed that you are not in the habit of wearing any when we go out in the evening. If it had not been for your sister, I would have chosen the long ones with the buttons, but she wears short ones that are easier to remove.

"These are a delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me the pair she had been wearing for the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled. I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart.

"I wish I was there to put them on for you the first time, as no doubt other hands will come in contact with them before I have a chance to see you again.

"When you take them off, remember to blow in them before putting them away as they will naturally be a little damp from wearing.

"Just think how many times I will kiss them during the coming year. I hope you will wear them for me on Friday night. All my love.

"P.S. The latest style is to wear them folded down with a little fur showing."