Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Question about garages

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pringa8, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Hey everyone,

Random question but has anyone bought a garage lately (metal, double)?? Was just wondering how much they cost.

Been looking on websites and of course they dont have prices listed (that is soooo annoying).

If anyone knows roughly, let me know! Am I up for thousands, over ten thousand? Just a basic double metal garage.

2. Iffracem recently bough said shed.... pm him
  3. a single carpark in sydney city is roughly 50 girlfriends
  4. I recently got a quote for a 6m x 6m colourbond garage (not including concrete) and it was $5500.
  5. Yeah, $5.5k is around teh money, just had a couple of quotes a few months ago.
    Spend the extra small amount and get colorbond cladding and builder's blanket on the roof, keeps the shed much cooler and looks lots better.
    Also consider 8ft (2.4m) eaves, it gives you enough room to build storage racks above head height. It doesn't add much to the cost.
    If you are a DIY sort of person, the garages are pretty simple to put up, and don't take that much time. I put up an 8m x 3.6m x2.4m high garage in around 40 hours.

Regards, Andrew.
  6. I got quoted around the same price.. :(

Just have to work out how I can claim it on tax.. :wink:
  7. If you have your own business, it is a wharehouse, not a shed/garage. :grin: :wink:
  8. you make fences triway, dont you? :?

a shed is just a colourbond fence with a roof on it, right? :LOL:

you could do a quote ;)
  9. Buy the biggest f#ck-off garage you can afford. Do it. I mean, take over your entire back yard with the monster. Put it on a really nice cement floor, get a small city's worth of fluoresent lights, install 3-phase power. Put up shelves everywhere and shadow boards for tools. Get a telly, fridge and potbelly stove. Move into it and never ever, ever, leave it.

Then get your mates over to inspect the 8th wonder of the world and watch as they curl up into dried out green balls of envy. It is highly entertaining believe you me. :LOL:

A man's home is his castle, a man's shed is his fortress. :cool:

Author's note - my shed isn't quite so awesome, I still don't have three phase or a potbelly stove.