Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Queensland Motorcycle hire - BMW K1200RS

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by humvee, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Can anyone recommend some where near maroochydore or brisbane that hires BMW K1200RS. I am currently debating between buying a BMW K1200RS or a VFR800-1 and would like to hire one for a good ride while I am in Aussie (I'm from NZ). Otherwise I might hire a VFR 800 but the BMW is currently my preference. The place I was originally going to hire from no longer has a bike available when I want it I now my travel dates are confirmed

2. Cannot help with the hire but my mate has a K1200s and loves it,his only picks are the clunky gear change which I hear gets better with the latest models and some development work being done after they sold them ,early models get lots of software upgrades.He mostly does two up trips,the adjustable suspending is very helpful at that,
    more power than anyone would need,
  3. i'm not sure you'll find one. Groups like http://www.aussiebiker.com.au seem to prefer to hire things like the honda ST and the yami FJR to bmw's.

Are you looking for a 2000 ish 'box of rocks' model with the noisy alternator drive? Many will only hire newer model bmw's or older RT's - no decade old model roadies in other flavours from bmw. (eg garners in melbourne)

You might get better traction trying to find one from a dealer - many of the bmw dealers will let you take one out for hours - when I bought my GS, I took a bunch for a run and most of the dealers I tried were happy even though I took them for 3 hours at a time.

From a magazine here (roadrider?) I remember some ads for a NZ company that rents bmw's - perhaps they could point you in the right direction. If you tell them you are looking to buy one, you might find the owner willing to let you hire his own bike.