Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Quarter Moon Chaos

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Toefa, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Just an observation.... The last few days, everyone i know has been feeling pretty cranky and the weird thing is no-one can pinpoint the exact reason for their discontent. This last weekend i have seen some pretty cranky people on here too and just wondering where it all came from... ?? My guess is it has something to do with the phase of the moon - Its at a quarter currently.

Anyways, my theory is, dont sweat the small stuff. We're all here for the same reasons. If you dont like someones opinion etc etc... Its not worth ragging on each other, might as well just ignore it.

2. My husband has worked in night clubs for years, and always expects more trouble on the full moon - think werewolves!!! So noticeable at the time that BC (before children) I wouldn't go out when there was a full moon - bouncers were never paid enough on those nights...
  3. Ahhhhhhh you gotta love the new age :?

What ever happened to the good ol' times of blame it on the weather, unions, politics :bla: :bla: :bla: Now its moons, crystals, tea leaves & anything else.

Gawd I feel old now & dare I say it, a bit cranky :p :LOL:
  4. Anyone who's ever covered the graveyard shift in a job with contact with the public will tell you the same thing :shock: .
  5. Amen. At one stage in my life I worked in nursing homes for a while and I quickly learned to avoid night shifts at full moon because they were much harder work than usual. Your average night shift used to be about half work and half sleep but on the full moon, it was all work. Crazies would go crazy, wanderers would get up and wander, usually sound sleepers stayed awake... and the really old and sick ones would drop dead, causing even more work and hassle.

This is no 'new age crap', but real world experience! I never heard of quarter-moon having any effect though.
  6. More likely to be the change of seasons than the moon I think.

I always find there is more road rage, speeding, tailgating and general poor driving on the roads at this time of year for some reason. Seems to start in about August and finishes in around October.

Anybody else noticed this too?