Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

quarter mile

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by philbat44, Feb 7, 2007.

1. just did a 11.6 with normal take of from lights on the m109r

going to gun it today for whole quarter if it does what i think it will calder in a cpl of weeks

2. when i first got my gsxr 600k1 i took it to calder and my best was 10.9 secounds. not bad 4 a stock 6
  3. A netrider drag day at Calder's Friday night street drags, that sounds like FUN! I used to take my car and it was a great night of fun.

Anyone else interested in doing the qtr on their bike??
  4. Not on the Trumpy, I'll cheer from the sidelines thanks! My old '82 GSX1100E did low 11's, beat-up and with a rattly top-end. Brilliant value, bought for $2900, sold it for $3500 :)
  5. What would a CB250 do down the quarter?
  6. Accelerate really slowly :p :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously I reckon hi teens somewhere :)
  7. [​IMG]?

I wish the ACT gov. would pull their finger out and just hurry up and build the damn drag strip!
  8. 1st - Who Cares?

2nd - You prolly wouldn't be the slowest one there

3rd - As long as you have fun, refer point No.1
  9. Standing still at the white line from the time I take off at the lights on Dandenond Road crossing North/Wellington Roads to the white line on the other side of the intersection, my 2002 R6 reaches 145kmh.
  10. I can see the new TAC campaign now "Stay alive wipe off 145"

That is the hugest intersection ever :shock: :LOL: :LOL: It would be funny seeing your eyes jolting up and down trying to read the speedo whilst going over all the traffic induced bumps :eek: :wink:
  11. Once managed to wring a 10.4 outa my old GSXR 750 F at an Adelaide 'run wacha brung' meet. Soooo much fun. Remember - clutches hate drag racing. But what do they know. :grin:

EDIT - sorry, looking back at past glories through rose coloured glasses. That time should read 10.86 according to my mate who says he did the 10.4 :mad:
  12. Western Sydney International Dragway run an all-bike meeting once a year around March-April. They run classes from Top-Fuel Bike, Prostock Bike down to street run what you brung classes which in previous years have included everything from full-dresser Harleys to chook-chasers. Professionally organised but low in hassles and the officials are very helpful if you are new to the sport. By the way, a sub 11sec. run is all you need to run in the Modified Bike (dial your own time) catagory at any sanctioned drag race meeting in Australia, and provided its raodworthy (no oil leaks etc) and you have the right safety equiptment you can compete up to national championship level.
  13. I'm pretty keen to hit the strip on the 12. Took a bit of sorting to get the thing to keep its front down. Only a problem in the 1st 3 gears. Now it's only a problem in 1st but managable. Although I don't know how the clutch would hold up.
  14. 11.99 is the cut off for Mod Bike.
    Once a month at WSID, Ali runs a meet called Bike Night @ WSID, usually on the first Wednesday of the month, it introduced me to the sport 6 months ago, and I havent looked back.