Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QRide complete - I'm Licenced!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by ~DadAgain~, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Finally - after months of waiting and occassional outings I'm now the proud holder of a full open licence and can take my bike out for a spin whenever I want (or whenever missus allows :roll: ).

Had a great ride this mornign to finish off the Qride out from through Samford and Dayboro. Was really great to get some speed and feel the coolness of 100kmh.

I can see now I'm going to be continually finding excuses to go out: "Need anything from the shops?" .. "Should I take this video back?" etc etc etc!! lol

:grin: :grin: :grin:

2. [quote="I can see now I'm going to be continually finding excuses to go out: "Need anything from the shops?" .. "Should I take this video back?" etc etc etc!! lol[/quote] << fast learner :LOL:

Congrats!!

3. Congrats from me too, well done :!: :wink:
    Di

4. lol whipped

5. Isn't it brilliant.

See my yay for me post.

6. grats mate

i finished mine on sunday too :) went to qld transport on the tuesday, now i have open car open bike!

(now i just need to get a bike! :wink: )

7. What took you so long?

I got my QRide completion certificate at 11:45 yesterday and had a licence by 12:15 :grin: ...

and this morning I commuted in on my bike - totally awesome

A new mastercard add:

Lots of entry level motorcycle gear: $700
    Extensive training: $600
    insurance: $200
    Sweet looking ZZR: $3500
    Riding past the poor stressed out souls waiting at the bus stop at 6:30am with engine screaming at 10,000rpm: PRICELESS!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

8. Great stuff mate :)

I take it from the location of your check out ride you went with Morgan & Wacker at Brookside? That's where I did my Q Ride last year :p

And I can relate to your feeling of happiness. I was forever jumping on the bike and heading to the shops given even the smallest hint from the wife. I also found myself riding home from work and thinking "stuff it" and going past my place and just riding around aimlessly to get some time on the bike. Sad I know, but I did it :)

9. Many congratulations again! Hope you're taking advantage of this beautiful sunny weather! :grin:

10. congratz dadagain!... ONLY 10000RPM!?!??! :p

take it easy around teh gap area.. i got pulled over on waterworks road yetserday

got off lucky with a 100 dollar fine / 1 point . got given a warning for lane splitting, highbeam <= defective vehicle