Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD to NSW] Transfer of license

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by mrtwrx, Mar 15, 2008.

  1. Hello all,

    I have had my Unrestricted O Type R class license in QLD for approximately 8 months and wish to transfer my license to NSW (where I now live) the NSW RTA web-site says they will put me onto my P Plates because I have had my opens for less then 12 months.


    I only have a non LAMS bike, so being put back onto my P's will mean I can't legally ride it.

    Does anyone know anyone who has been forced to go onto P's rather then opens when transferring?
  2. Wait 4 months then transfer it :wink:
  3. Not an option thats why I'm asking if anyones been done over ;)

  4. Found another way around my problem, so ill never find out and in 4 months won't care :)