Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(QLD) The Gap - FOD, so much FOD.

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by Potatopi, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I'm not originally from here so it's only the second time I've been through the Gap, but jumping jilikers, there's a lot of nature's shit on the roads. I know: "what do you expect? It's the forest!". But having just had a spirited go through it, I pulled two branches off the middle of the lane as thick as my arm and taller than me.

S'pose it's just another way of saying watch out because DAMN, NATURE! YOU SCARY.

Oh, and there was some roadworks going on just a few k's from White Cedar picnic area back towards the Gap. Not entirely sure what they were doing, but they were washing a lot of filth down the hill.
  2. FOD, there's a term I haven't heard in a few years.
  3. purely technical, b12 :p hear it a fair bit in aviation, almost as much as golfers see GUR.
  4. I know what it is, I'm ex RAAF.
  5. I figured you were of some sort. Most people give a fairly confused look when that acronym comes up.
  6. Some think it stands for fcuk Off Dickhead.
  7. haha! Damn language barriers.
  8. I think the Gap gets hammered by storms and winds more than other areas - shoulda seen it after the "Gapocalypse" storm of 2008...
  9. All sides of Mt Coot-tha got hit bad in that storm. I remember it well.
  10. FOD been a bit since ive heard that.
    Two different types that ive been aware of in the aviation industry