Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[qld] supervising for a L plate

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by benjamin78au, Dec 3, 2009.

  1. I am going to get my R liecnce in febuary , and a friend, is thinking about getting in to bike riding, so been on my RE since feb 2009

    The ruling states you must have held the type of licence you want to supervise for 12 months, and have an open licence.

    So am i correct in assuming i can supervise?
  2. You need to have an R license for at least 12 months.. sorry mate but the RE isn't enough

    I wasn't able to get anyone to supervise when I got my learners because of this rule.. so I did Q-ride and went straight to RE's bypassing the learner period (can still do this according to the QLD transport website)

    Totally worth it