Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] Something I thought I'd never see!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by cejay, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Liz and I have a guest from Melbourne staying with us this weekend and we decided to drive to Port Douglas for the markets. The trip is via the Captain Cook Highway, spectacular scenery, slightly twisty and few places to overtake. It has multiple turn out lanes for the slower people, but this does mean people need to use them to preserve sanity.

Driving today, we'd have to 20th in a line of cars behind a slow car at the front. Directly in front of us was police solo unit and he became fed up with the slow pace of our progress. He discreetly used his lights to overtake the line of cars and then, when the road straightened out made his way to the front and then stopped the lead car.....I think he was pointing out that the turn out lanes are there for a reason, because he wasn't behind him long enough to ping him for anything else.

Brought a smile to my face!

2. Nice.

I know of a guy who got done for driving a Morris Minor 1000 down the Hume. Couldn't keep a reasonable speed.

3. After the pace I saw a stretch limo go along the twistier part of that stretch, nobody in a regular car who deserves to be allowed on the road could argue that they can't maintain the speed limit.

A fair bit of sightseeing seems to account for non-local drivers dawdling along there.

4. Good stuff, needs to happen more often. People going to slow and people not keeping left are the two things that really shit me.

5. Need more of it I think !

6. Can you send that nice Policeman down here to patrol the Macquarie Pass :LOL:???

7. hey watch Highway Patrol this Wed....
    Saw a preview and apparently there's a clip where they're following and the comentator says something along the line of "something that drives us all crazy"

They're following in the right lane and my guess is they'll pull over for either hogging the right lane or tailgating.
    Both pet hates of mine!