Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Qld: Solo rego?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by demuire, Nov 11, 2005.

1. I just bought myself a 1993 XV250 Virago, and it's been mod plated for solo rego. The rear pegs have been unbolted (leaving the brackets there still), and the rear seat is still bolted on the bike.

Just out of interest, is it illegal to leave the rear seat on? I know there's some law regarding solo rego about the seat size etc, and obviously it's a rather bad idea to try carrying a pillion on a solo rego, but is leaving the pillion seat on there a problem? It just looks a lot better with it on, makes the bike not look as small as it is...
  2. From memory you'll get away with the seat as long as you have no footpegs. That's in the case of a one-peice seat especially. I'd check the regulations anyway.
  3. no footpegs either side
    the strap that's on the seat has to be removed mate
  4. Thanks Tanya :)

Took the strap off, and because it's been there so long the pillion seat has marks where the strap was, and it looks strange. So I took the seat off. Will have to find some of those plastic plugs to plug the holes off.
  5. try autobarn or super cheap :)