Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Qld riders: Need help!

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Onlyoneman, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

New to the forum, But currently looking at getting back onto a motorbike after a break due to a hit and run. Reason im posting this up is. I need someone from QLD Brisbane, who has knowledge of buying and selling bikes. To have a look at a bike for me.

I have no problem with paying you but i need someone with experience and an eye for telling a bad engine or bad deal in general. Someone who can look it over throughly. Oh btw the bike i need looked at is the SAME bike i used to own, even down to the same colour. If you haggle the price down and you give me the go ahead than, i will buy it have you take it to the depot or get it picked up from your house. The transport from Bris to Sydney is about 400 or so i believe.

Also if anyone has any experience of transfering rego's from QLD to NSW, what do i have to do? IS it hard? Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum section.

PS: If you dont want to post here please get message. If your serious just PM me your number ill call you.

http://www.bikesales.com.au/private...604 1430 1429 1626 1428 4294967215 4294956625

2. Thread moved from General Discussion.
  3. you'd have to cancel your queensland rego ..then blue slip, green slip & purchase rego in nsw....that's my general understanding of it
  4. I can't offer too much aside from "I would love to take that bike for a spin" but let me be the first to say that the kms on that bike are total bullshit. And it has so been dropped; when they say it hasn't been dropped, that's just during their ownership of it. Also the rego expires next month.

Not to say to say it's a bad deal. You just dunno until yeah, someone goes over it with a fine-toothed comb, especially with those old Japanese sportsbikes. It's a gem or a lemon.
  5. Any other suggestions? :(
  6. Red is faster.......
  7. i would ring a mechince in brisbane and pay them to look at it for you

and secondly if you get somebody to ride it down to you i'm sure it would cost less then $400