Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Azeal, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Hello everyone. I am James, thought I join a Net rider to talk about everything motorbikes.
    Only just a couple of months ago upgraded to my full motorbike license in QLD. I currently ride a FZ6S Yamaha Fazer. Funny thing is I only have just really fell in love with motorbikes since last year. I have never ridden dirt bikes when growing up and somehow been able to develop the grasp for riding. Riding to me is a recreational/ occasional commuter thing. I see my self as a sports touring rider, so I like to wear high vis when ever I am out so people see me better. So thats me in a nut shell and if anyone is from the South East area holler so we can go on a ride sometime.

2. Gidday Azeal and welcome to NR. Always good to see another Qlder on board. Good idea to try to make yourself as visible as possible but don't rely on it to save you. Keeping a good distance and monitoring conditions and other road users will always be your best weapons against something untoward happening.

3. Welcome to Netrider Azeal!

4. I would never hopefully rely on high vis gear alone to save me but it is also the gear you wear that will reduce injuries. I still see so many squids out there. Even saw a older rider wearing nothing but a helmet and he was changing gears with his thongs. A combination of practical gear and superb road craft will hopefully buffer my self against traffic.

5. Hey mate, I live in the Redlands if that's any use?