Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Requirements for indicators and mirrors??

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by lethal, Aug 19, 2006.

1. I cannot for the life of me find on the QLD transport website, the minimum requirements for mirrors and indicators??

Am i aloud to run with no mirrors and only front blinkers on my TTR250 dirt bike?

Or am i required to have 1 mirror?? I still cannot find the answer.

2. http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinfo.nsf/ReferenceLookup/AIS_codeofpractice_Section2_Feb2004_.pdf/$file/AIS_codeofpractice_Section2_Feb2004_.pdf
  3. Lethal,
    If the bike came new with indicators (which it did) then they must be fitted. You are permitted to run with one only mirror but it must be fitted to the right side, not the left as I'm told in some other states.

Regards, Rob

Older bikes, pre-compliance(April74), u could argue a case for indicators, but not any more. My 73 kwaka has an indicator switch, so i gotta run the blinkers. Compliance sux, but on the other hand, rubber mounted blinkers are a good thing .
    Take care
  4. Page 84 of this will clarify the mirror question: