Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] private bike sale nsw->qld, newb question

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by agro nick, Aug 16, 2008.

1. hi guys

just a quick question.

i live in qld, and am considering buying a bike located in qld but that still has nsw rego.

how does this work, does he just take the plates off, and i just supply the bike(vin/chassis) + rwc and then I own it?

who lets the nsw dept know its now registered in my name. or do they datamatch to make sure the old nsw is removed first before qld rego applies?

also does anyone know the rego cost for a pillion capable 250cc? {edit: found out its $140 a year in qld from transport website} im guessing stamp duty is 3% also {edit: yeah i think this is correct off the website 1-4cyls}?

hope that makes sense.

thanks in advance[/b]

2. I was going to post the same question! except for a bike reg'd in Qld being purchased in Victoria. Haven't searched all the threads yet though so will continue doing so.

3. 140 a year?? My renewel just came in the mail. Try $361.25 a year.

4. ah sorry duff, i should have made it clear the $140 was for rego, your total would probably include the CTP insurance as well. still, true everyone pays that as well.