Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD]Parking fines

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by kyro_02, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Just to pick you heads again, as I have nothing better to do!

So I was somewhere on the goldcoast and, as I don't know my way around cannot tell you where, but it was off a main road(perhaps 4 lanes wide on each side). towards beenleigh??

my question, I parked my mates car in a metered spot, how many months until they stop sending you reminder notices, before they do something with your license? I just asked him about the fine, as it's been 5+ months, he said he's not going to pay it. I offered to, but he insisted "they can get effed", I thought that was a bit rude !

it is a QLD registered car, under his name, but he lives in victoria, and has victorian license.

Out front of subway right in front of the cops, went and go subway, me and mate returned to his car and found a piece of paper, wonderful; a parking fine.. :D didn't even see the meter as it was obscured by a tree, and didn't know the area well at all.