Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] no milk today

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by 2WHEELSNOCLUE, Jun 27, 2010.

1. I just got a letter from Qld gov..... as of july, re riders are allowed NO alcohol at all, including me, who has just got my re license in may and have held my open car license for 15 years.
    i quite like going for a 300k ride with a mate, stop at a pub for a feed and 1 beer.
    I am pissed off!
    i get the theory behind it, it is a class of vehicle completely new to me etc, but FFS!

ok, theres my vent, still dont feel good.....hmmm i need a beer! :)

for those not in qld it goes
    learners, then re license on a lams bike for minimum 1 year, then R license - open non restricted
  2. sooo have a ginger beer With your steak, it's good!
  3. Been that way in Victoria for a long time. When I got my bike licence, I had already held my car licence for 15 years, made no difference. When on the bike I had to have a zero BAC. A year goes quickly, I wouldn't worry too much about it, and I imagine they changed it so that it lines up with most, if not all (?) other states?
  4. damn, think i'll upgrade my license soon even tho im still on a 250. thx for posting the info.

i dont ride anywhere and go have beers but if i've been drinkin the night before I'd like to be able to go for a ride the next morning without stressing bout havin .01/.02 bac.
  5. zero in NSW for ages too .....
  6. Read your letter carefully. Its 0 BAC for RE Provisional only. You can have a beer and drive your car, but you cant have a beer and ride your bike. I got the same letter as well. The info about the car is on the information sheet. It cleary states that the 0 BAC applies only when riding your bike.
  7. Yep, 27, car licence for 9 years, and now i cant have a brew with the boys if im riding. Id be sensible about it... but even so... id like a brew with the boys :p. NSW sucks.
  8. TRA, i think you misunderstood me,
    i am only talking about whilst on a bike, i am aware it does not affect my car license etc
    if they took that away, there would be a bit more rage in my typing ;)
    well, seems i need to suck it up.......(anything but beer that is) and just ride the year out on ginger beer (thx Thera)
    Well good to know all you other states are suffering too :)

END OF VENT....i feel much better now!
  9. Cool. Thought you were suggesting no beers whilst driving the car too! A lot of people have been fooled into thinking that.

To be honest, i dont really have a problem with it. I dont drink anything when I am on the bike, or if I know I am riding. Its pretty rare for me to even have a beer and drive the cage these days. Just not worth it in my opinion.