Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] Motorcycle Hire

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by taiheung, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Hey fellas,

I'm up in Bris for a few days next weekend and was thinking of hiring a motorcycle for 2-3 days to get around after work. Are there any recommendations? I've done the standard google and haven't found anything too amazing. Also, I'm not sure how licensing transfers across states but right now I'm on the end of my Ps in NSW. How does this convert if all up in QLD? And what are the restrictions?

2. Depends what sort of bike you're after.
    If you're near Capalaba and an older bike will do, there's a place called Capalaba Motorcycle Centre.

I rented an old Virago for the weekend for $200 (weekend rate) and had a lot of fun with it. Basically had it Friday to Monday actually.

3. Mike Garner in Capalaba is your man. Ph 0732455456 Fact 4 168 redland bay road. We hired bikes from him, during last years "lock up your pussies" tour. Good bloke.
  4. Totally depends on the pricing.
    I'll be in the CBD for work so close to there would be good.

5. Not far, mate
  6. Yep go to Mike Garner. Steer clear of his TRX850, it's a shitter (or maybe it's just a TRX, I've never ridden a good one) - but the YZF600 is pure, gleaming gold.
  7. What are the rules for a NSW provisional in QLD? Same?
  8. I think everything is the same. There are no speed restrictions on P's in Qld and they also have a late night passenger curfew now but I don't think that will affect you. Other than that the usual 0% BAC.

Not sure what bike you can ride as here we only have restricted and unrestricted. The former can only ride bike's 250cc or under. I'd assume you would still be alright riding a lams approved bike or less as those are the rules of your licence in NSW.