Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] Kilcoy Circuit, Sun Apr 22nd

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: Muttly

Brisbane Netriders Monthly Group Ride this month is to Kilcoy via Mt Nebo, Mt Glorious, Somerset Dam and back through Woodford and Mt Mee.

Date: 22 April 2007
    Time: 8:30am for 9:00am Start
    Start: Brisbane Forest Park Headquarters
    End: Samford Vil...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. Hey Brisbane Netriders, sorry to take so long but I finally got the next ride added to the schedule.

Thanks to the guys that came on the Recce and especially to Lectre who suggested this route. It certainly does have a bit of everything.

I'm currently working on the maps and details and will post them up as soon as they are complete. The route goes like this:

1st Leg: The Gap to Mt Glorious (35km)
    2nd Leg: Mt Glorious to Kilcoy (80km)
    3rd Leg: Kilcoy to Mt Mee (50km)
    4th Leg: Mt Mee to Samford Village (50km)

As a special treat I'm trying to organise a photographer to get some action shots of us at Mt Mee. More on that later :wink:

3.  Top
  4. It never rains on our rides :p

5. coool.....ok - at this stage i plan to be there......and happy for my place to be a meet point for northsiders again......be good to have company on the ride through to where-ever we all get together near the gap - city riding :shock: :eek:hno:

btw - mutts, maybe it would be an idea to post a link to this thread from the kyogle or coffee club threads? i only found this one by accident - it didn't show up when i looked for new messages!

6. btw - what's the mt glorius rd like? i've heard horrible things bout it...... :shock:

7. Good Idea Kezza...I've just put the link in the Brisbane to Kyogle thread.

I've also finished the PDF (what else are public holidays for) so if anyone wants to download the "Ride Guide" just click here

It's also got a bit more of an explanantion of how to get to the start point :grin:

8. great instructions again mutts......so far the only bit i'm nervous of is the mt glorious bit......but with people around me i should be ok.......

:?

ok - northsiders - who wants to meet at my place and go from here?

9. count me in rain hail or shine ummmm maybe not hail :p :p :p :p

10. It'll be good to have you along again BBxx

Kezza...you'll be fine on the Mt Glorious road. It's got a bad rap over the years but it's undeserved.

The road is good and it's just like riding anywhere...as long as you ride within your limits it's safer than riding down the M1. :)

11. thanx for the vote of confidence mutts - you know me......hehe....worry when i hear the word 'twisties'........

at least i'll have good company.

:grin:

12. dont worry kezza its no where near as bad as lions road in the wet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: you will be fine

13. Yipee!!! :grin:
    Can't wait... I'm in! :grin: :grin:
    (Bugger...it's Moto GP day and I have subscribed to watch it live on the website! :cry: )
    Never mind... I wouldn't miss the ride for anything! (Now that I am a seasoned 'bad weather rider' after Kyogle. :LOL: )

Thanks so much Muttley for organising. Let me know if there is anything that I can do seeing as you have booted me out of CEO in charge of photography. :cry: (Seriously... I still have no camera anyway.)
    I am really looking forward to it and I LOVE the pics. I have started a folder on my desktop for our QLD NR pics.... it is like a little 'hall of fame' for our rides.
    :grin:

14. :!: Once again Muttly, first class effort in the planning and presentation of the proposed ride. :)

:?: If I am able to make it I look forward to riding with yourself and the rest of the guys. :cool: :idea: Oh and any newbies of course.

15. i'm holdin u to that blackbirdxx..... :cool:

but, there is a chance i might get an advance run this sunday....see what i'll be up against..... :shock: if i do i'll let u all know.

16. Won't be able to make this one due to family commitments. :(

BUT

I'll be looking to go for a run on the Friday before - any takers?

17. sorry, have to work again... :(

18. Glorious is cool, especially down the bottom on the west side. I had my first high speed step-out there, came in a corner a little too hot. Straightened up and had to go a little into the other lane.. Stay within ur limits, all will be ok :)

19. believe me, i won't be doin any 'high-speed' anythin.... :grin:

i just hope to keep my head enuff to be able to be sure to give people space to go round me! :oops:

20. Thanks BM and you're still CEO in charge of photography. I'm just trying to provide you with some staff :grin: