Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] Going to Bundy (Tableland, Bundaberg Lowmead Rds)

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by JuzzyDee, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Howdy Folks,

Planning on heading down to Bundy this weekend. Looking at taking the tablelands rd/bundaberg lowmead rd rather than the freeway out to Gympie and back in.

Anybody ridden the road before? I've never been down that way so I don't know what the road condition is like and whether it's good riding?

For Reference: The Map

2. Re: Going to Bundy

So I made it down here. The road isn't in the greatest nick, some fairly nasty patches where it's all but destroyed on the LH side.

Obviously the twisted smoldering ruins and twisted mangled wreck of two cars on opposite sides of the road, cause the outright insane and dangerous overtaking maneuvers continued to come, with cagers flying past lines of 10+ cars going in to blind corners.

Once off the Bruce, the road is relatively fun, not real challenging, but twisting and undulating for the most part. Now I'm in Bundy though, don't really know what to do with myself, probably do a tour of the distillery in the morning then buy a few bottles and turn around and go home again.

3. Re: Going to Bundy

Lucky burger.......
    Wonder if the locals drink Bundy :-s