Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by starlet, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

Thinking of going to Surfers for a weekend away and want nice beachfront hotel/resort style accommodation for about $100 - $150/night.

Can anyone recommend anything from experience?

Starlet :)
  2. No, but I can give you some really good advice.

Unless it's absolutely peak season and everything is booked out (almost never), or you're going with a very large group then DO NOT book in advance.
    Just rock on up to an apartment or hotel that you like, and tell them that you're thinking of staying a few nights. What can they do for you (pricewise) and can they show you the room?

You will get the best price that way, but most importantly you will get the best room - as they always keep good rooms free for just such an event.

You can bank on this advice BTW, I've been using it for years and it hasn't failed me yet. I have saved anything from 30 to 70%, from budget accomodation to 5 star.
  3. Starlet, I don't think you'll have a problem as they are alloverlooking the beach
  4. Aegean Apartments on Laycock ave right next door to Q1 (much nicer but not in your price range)

I have a timeshare in Aegean, it's a nice place to stay, 100m to beach.