Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD Brisbane] Zillmere Rd

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by XLAR8, Oct 10, 2010.

1. the T intersection at Zillmere and Church Rds, Metal plate on Zillmere Rd

there is a huge metal plate covering most of the left hand lane

just take extra care people in this rain its a death trap waiting to happen

2. Thanks for the heads up, right in my stomping grounds.

3. this metal plate is getting worst, now after all the flooding it has raised 2 inches on the inside of the lane.

4. ok so on my way to work today i noticed the metal plate has gone.

now we have to put up with some doge bitumen repair, id still take it easy going around that corner.

5. Brisbane seems to be pretty good for dodgy repairwork lately.

In the last month I've seen at least 5 different sections of road ripped up to be fixed around the sunnybank/macgregor area and each one has been a hole, 2 inches below the rest of the road and full of loose gravel.
    One of which spanned the width of the lane at a stop sign.. right at the bottom of a steep hill. And this one in particular was on my usual path home from the shops, had to slow down to like 5km/h for the final 20m using only back brake to avoid scratching up my new machine.

After about 2-3 weeks of each one showing up they seem to be filling it back in with new stuff, but during the changeover period they should really try to avoid making loose surfaced potholes everywhere.

6. There is a big hole forming on the ICB too, just near the flem 7 offramp, left lane as you are heading to kingsford smith drive. They filled with bitumen once, but now its starting to sink again.