Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] Brisbane Netriders September Group Ride, Sun Sep 16th

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: Muttly

Springwood - Mt Tamborine - Numinbah - Beechmont - Canungra

Time: 8:30am (for 9:00am start)
    Start: McDonalds Springwood

In my honest opinion, this is the best the
    Gold Coast Hinterland has to offer
    without travelling south into NSW. There
    are...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. This is the ride we had planned for August but was cancelled due to circumstances (good thing too because it was a wet, miserable day).

This may be the last group ride for the year that I organise as I'm off down to the Great Ocean Road in October. :p Hopefully we'll get another ride in in November. :grin:

The ride guide is already done and you can download it here:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~muttly/Springbrook_Beechmont.pdf

Possibles and probables:

BalmyBrowny
    Tomm
    Grofaz
    Roy Boy
    Timnkoo
    Cookeetree
    Chrisco
    Nicarus
    Kslide
    Muttly

I hope all of you can make it :grin:

Regards

3. Muttly, the goat track is not very good for nervous/new riders..

4. Have you been on it since they've reopened it Tanya? I don't think anyone will have any problems. :grin:

5. Thanks Muttly, you can put a tick against my name. The weekend looks good for me, and I have heard some positive reports on some of those roads of late. Bring it on...

6. Excellent BigD! \:D/

Fabes and I did the run on the Ekka Wednesday and it really is a fantastic ride.

See you there :grin:

7. Yea, had been following the earlier thread :grin: :idea: you got the same policeman organised for that day :?: :LOL:

8. Saw the same guy twice in Canungra on the Wednesday. :shock: Fabes and I did it real easy through there and up the goat track. Was just waiting for him to jump out from behind a rock :evil:

9. not talking about the surface.. just how tight it is and steep..

10. Can you make it for this one Tanya :?: It would be good to have a ride together :cool:

11. aahhhh...by the time we get to the goat track we'll already have gone over The Panorama...now that is steep :shock: It'll make the road up Tamborine seem like a gentle gradiant.

Seriously though...we went up Obi-Obi last ride and I think that's a bigger challenge then the Goat Track. I wouldn't consider it if I wasn't confident that the riders in this group ride within their limits :grin:

12. i'm a tentative to almost yes for this one. looks good and want to get some serious bum time with the gixxer :cool: :LOL:

13. :shock: Shite, congrats on the new bike BB. :idea: Does that mean Lurker is going to join us for a ride soon :grin:

14. Would a 250 bandit be welcome or would I slow you down?
    I'm a noob to group rides but have been on the road for 9 months. If you don't feel comfortable I won't be insulted. Hope to see some of you on fridays when i get the time off.. and bike fixed :p

15. well i've only just got my gixxer. before that i was riding with these guys on my zzr250 :) as long as you ride within your limits mate you'll have a ball and won't slow any of us down :) we ride for pleasure not to race :cool:

16. bigD _ oh yeah. Lurker won't be riding for a littel bit :p she is going to have our second baby in february :twisted: yay! :D

17. Thanks that what I was hoping to hear. I'll give you guys a heads up when I'm sure I can make it. I definately plan on it. :grin:

18. It would be great to have you along Tomm. It's a great group that will make you feel welcome and +1 to what BalmyBrowny said :grin:

19. Congrats to Balmy and Lurker! Hope everything goes well.

tomm: Don't sweat it mate, you can ride with me :)

Oh, and to keep things on topic, count me in Muttly :cool:

20. *Waits for written leave application* :wink: