Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] BRISBANE Motorcycle Expo, Fri Sep 21st

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: Netrider

Building on the immense success of the Australian Motorcycle Expo events, preparations for the Brisbane and Melbourne venues have hit top gear with initial responses suggesting an even larger range of manufacturers and attractions for 2007.

Ballooni...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. I just returned from the bike show, so anybody in Brisbane this weekend you have Saturday and Sunday to get down there

Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
    September 21st, 22nd and 23rd

Opening Times
    Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
    Saturday 10:00am - 9:00pm
    Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
    Convention and Exhibition Centre
    Cnr Merivale and Glenelg Streets
    South Bank QLD 4101

[​IMG]

Netrider has a booth there so go down and meet Vic and get your awesome membership card and benefits

3. Just got back myself. I was nice to see such a big turnout from the manufacturers. I was actually expecting it to be much smaller, so I was very happy.

I think they could have done with a few more accessory stands though. And the cancellation of the trial display was a bummer.

Nice night out though, very happy.

4. going tomorrow - hope to catch some of ya there.

5. Mrs Tree and I went last night. Was great to see so many bikes in one place just beggin' to be sat on. As choppa said, some more accessory stands would have been good.

Not having tried out any late model bikes before, I was blown away at just how light they are!! The ZX-10R and ZX-6R felt like I was riding a pushy compared to my big girl! Even the ZX-14, with is only 20kg lighter than mine, felt like it was a good 50kg lighter. Must have a really low centre of gravity.

[​IMG]

Mrs Tree fell in love with a 1200 Beemer. Must say, it was damn comfy!

[​IMG]

The stand-out bike of the show, though, would've had to have been the B-King. That is the ugliest piece of motorcycling sh*t I have ever clapped eyes on. Right now, I hope some designer is locked in a tiny room, getting the crappers flogged outta him for penciling it.

[​IMG]

6.  Top
  7. Noooo, please tell me you didn't say that! :shock:

His Bandit looks soooooooo much nicer than that p.o.s. :grin:

8. Maybe if you saw his sorry bucket'o'sh*t at the moment, you'd change your mind!!

I do like the B-King in your photo, maybe up close it won't be as nice... I'll have to find out... They did steal the headlight design from Megatron - arch nemises of Optimus Prime

9. Sunday was excellent. The Trail display and the Motocross display was f***ing Awesome. I really don't understand how those guys doing loops on Motocross bikes can even sit on them with testicles as large as theirs must be. I saw Vic at the Netrider stand (at least I think it was Vic,) I guess by Sunday they had had more than enough of people coming up and saying "Hi Im a netrider member?)
    Bike of the show for me
    This

10. We didn't get the see the jumping. The truck with the ramp(s) had apparently broken down. Only got to see the trials, which, as you sad, was f*cking awesome. :grin:

Got a pic of that bike, too. Nice, hey???