Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] April 2012 Downshift Meet - bikers welcome!

Discussion in 'QLD' started by matyi, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I've been lurking on these (plus other forums) for a while.. I've been organising meets in the automotive community for about 4 years, but I've also had a bike for a similar amount of time.

I've hired a huge venue for a Sunday arvo meet, and will be having entertainment, trade stands, etc. We've had a few bikes rock up to the last few meets, but I was thinking that more of you would be great!

These are the rules I post on the car forums to keep the level of behaviour at a certain minimum standard, but I'm sure you guys are already familiar with this stuff:

Because police are usually invited and turn up, it is important that you follow the CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
    • YOU are responsible for the guys you bring to the meet, and hang with. If they act like idiots, we will find out who it was. Brisbane is a very small place.
    • THROW RUBBISH IN THE BIN. There's bins - use them. If they're full, just chuck it in your car and throw it out next time you fill up.
    • Dont do skids, laps, rev engine, be antisocial in any way.
    • Plates will be recorded and forwarded to the cops, depending on how much of a ******** you are. Dropping skids in the carpark will definitely qualify for 13HOON.

Date: Sunday 29 April 2012, 3pm til dark

Location: Rocklea Showgrounds, Goburra Street, Rocklea. Link to map HERE. We will be using the trotting track to park up around the edge. You will be directed by the Downshift guys in branded shirts.

Once again we'll have a DJ and sausage sizzle, so should be an awesome arvo.

This one is going to be big boys and girls, come along and bring your sensible friends. See you there!

2. I'll be at this but in the 3000GT. I doubt there will be 2 there, if you see a red one come say hi :)