Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[QLD] Anyone a MRAQ Member?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Locky28, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I've noticed that the Victorian motorcycle riders association gets a lot of talking about on this forum, and MRAV itself seems to be quite active.

This had me wondering if there was a related group for Queensland, and sure enough, Google led me to MRAQ.

Are any Netriders members of MRAQ? And does the organisation get a lot done when needed?
  2. I am a member. Not sure what they do exactly, as you dont get a whole lot of feedback. but as with any volunteer org, you only get out what you put in. I know that the president plays a large role in convincing governement what they should be doing, and in fact sits on some saftey board. Having been activly involved in political lobby groups before, its important for poeple to sign up, as numbers have big clout with parliament. Got to a minister with 45000 on your books and they listen, cause that is 45000 votes they may be able to influence.