Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(QLD) ACT P's to what??

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by PilotPete, Aug 27, 2009.

  1. Hey guys any help would be much appreciated! I'm moving to the sunny coast in a few weeks from Canberra where i'm on my P's and i'm not too sure what motorbike licence i'll be on if i transfer my licence. I have to say i find the QLD transport website to be confusing and silly.

    From what i can understand i'll go on to my class RE P's as i have had my car licence for a few years now and and am already on my bike P's here. My questions are my licence says the conditions expires in one year as i got my P's yesterday will that be the same when i move? The transport website says i have to do a test to get my full licence but here i don't have to do anything like that so will i be exempt from that or not? i think not but might as well ask. Just found a hidden link going on about red and green p plates and we aren't that complicated in the ACT, so would i be on a P1 or P2 and what are the differences.