Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National QBE or NRMA

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by rightiomate, Jul 27, 2012.

?
  1. QBE

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. NRMA

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Other

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Hey all. I'm after some current opinions on QBE and NRMA for bike insurance. There is a thread on QBE at the moment which doesn't show it in such great light but I wanted to hear peoples experiences with either company in the last 12-24 months regarding new/renewing policies and claims.

The reason behind this is I've got a 2011 Speed Triple arriving Sunday/early next week and have been doing some research on options/price/service etc. I've previously insured with AAMI, IMR and JustCar and have not strayed from them due to convenience but QBE and NRMA are around $300 cheaper than AAMI and seem to offer a better overall bike insurance coverage.

If you choose Other, please post who you prefer to use and maybe a reason why you'd recommend them.

Thanks in advance.

2. QBE for me. I'm not a member of NRMA nor do I have any other insurance with them which makes them, for me, too expensive.

As for claiming, I can only speak from personal experience (well my wife's experience anyway), and they were brilliant. On December 18 2011 my wife had an SVA which resulted in her being hospitalized for a week.

When she got home we rang QBE, within half an hour the assessor rang her back. After a long conversation, mainly to do with her well being, we checked our email and he'd already sent us all the claim forms and instructions we needed.

We sent him photos' of the bike (before and after the accident). Within a week we were informed that the bike was a write-off.

The only hold up in the process was us being slack in filling out and sending off the paper work.

I cannot speak highly enough of QBE.

Oh and Alliance were also easy to deal with for the CTP claims.

It's a shame the same can't be said for the local Hospital.

3. I'm with QBE. I know people hate on them for their habit of hanging on to your excess until they've successfully pursued the other party through the courts but (for me) they've been so much cheaper than everyone else that I've saved more than enough to make up for that.

I've claimed once (BMW R1100RT written off, other party at fault) and was quite happy with the speed with which everything was sorted, apart from the aforesaid excess issue. I got the excess back eventually and TBH having to hang around for it wasn't exactly the end of the world.

4. I've been with QBE for over 7 years, Green Slip for car and bike, Full Comp for car and bike. No complaints and good premiums.

5. AAMI, car, bike & caravan, rating 1 for life

6. Give your local dealer a call and get a quote from Swann, they are pretty competitive.

7.  Top
  8. Thanks for all of the opinions. I was actually ready to go ahead with QBE today but found out their call centre had closed for the day. I'm picking it up and riding 3 hours with it tomorrow so needed cover from 7am (or at least a cover note). Called NRMA and they price matched/beat QBE by 10% on the phone. Both have similar coverage with QBE ahead with protective equipment coverage ($4k v $2k) but this isn't a huge thing for me. Hopefully NRMA work out well for me.