Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Q-Ride motorbike licensing

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Terry b, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Can anyone tell me if an open rider supervise 2 learner riders in qld

2. Are you asking for some one to come along and ride with you? Perhaps you should narrow down your location. Qld is a pretty big state!
    No good getting someone from Cairns to agree to do this if you live in Toowoomba.
  3. My self and farher inlaw have just got our learners and bikes registered and wondering if our open rider mate can supervise both of us on the same ride
  4. Sorry, missunderstood as poor structure.
  5. call your local rego office in the morning, or one of the training schools?
  6. I'd suggest not. Reasoning would be the supervisor couldn't adequately supervise 2 riders at the same time.
  7. The QPS frown on the practice (unless a qualified instructor) as a supervisor who may have little experience guiding new riders can come unstuck themselves.
    Far better to go do your Qride course straight up for your REs and so you both can then ride unaccompanied.
    Not only will you receive important knowledge but will be assured of a greater level of road-readiness than launching off uninstructed.

This is the TMR link to finding a Qride service ...
    Find a Q-Ride training provider | Transport and motoring | Queensland Government
  8. Interesting question. I know a qualified QRide instructor can mind up to 5 students but that's not the same as a licensed supervisor for practice out and about. I don't know. I'd say probably not but yeah, not sure what the official writing is on the subject.
    I do know that the supervisor does not have to be on a bike, but they do have to stay within a certain distance of you/vice versa.