Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Q-ride in Cairns

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by tmwt, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Hey,

Just got my L's. Looking at getting my P's and I think the best way to do this is by doing a Q-ride course. I am a fairly inexperianced rider, only really haveing a couple of go's on a drit bike on a mates farm.

So firstly does everyone think that doing the Q-ride course is one of the better ways to learn to ride? I like the idea of once completeing the course being able to get my P's striaght away rather than waiting 6 months!

Secondly I am in Cairns, Qld. Anyone had any experiances with the following providers? Heard some good things about Top Rider.

- Top Rider
    - Bikecraft (Edge Hill)
    - Stay Upright (Smithfield)

2. Anyone?? :busting:
  3. I'd recommend Stay Upright, if only because they're a known national provider. One aspect of training is how comfortable you are with the instructor. Call them, ask them questions, see how they respond. If they're gruff, off hand or don't make you feel comfortable, go somewhere else. There have been a few threads around here with people who've done courses and left feeling useless.

Oh, go over to the Welcome Lounge and introduce yourself, you might find some other riders in the area who you can bounce ideas off.
  4. Stay Upright.. out the back of Smithfield, mate of mine was an instructor there for a while....
  5. Sounds good.

All in all do you all think its worth the $700? Its alot of money when I could just get a mates dirt bike and out in the bush near where I live.
  6. bush and road are 2 different things, stick to the course
  7. We did ours through Stay Upright at Smithfield in May last year. Cannot recommend them highly enough. They provided a great service, bikes helmet, gloves.

We did the two day course. The missus wasn't super confident at the end of the first day so they let her come back and do it again for free !!